Friday, October 16, 2009

There were the trucks with the food and the landing staff....

... but where was the plane?


.....note the bits of wheels on the tarmac!

My mother taught me to arrive extra early
when the occasion was extra important.

I thought catching the plane was extra important,
and anyway the winds were cold in Montreal,
so I caught an earlier train to Dorval,
(where one gets the air connect bus)
and found myself unexpectedly in a short but deep conversation
with a fellow traveller who was going to witness
a member of his family doing a Vision Quest.
It was something new for him,
and he was open and really excited.
We had shared a little about
what happens when a very controlling society
breaks down and people rebel against the
spiritual and religious paradigms which
have held the old society together -
how the spiritual depth can so easily
be thrown out with
the conservatively religious bathwater!
He was so obviously saddened by
the lack of ensuing depth in life!
It was refreshing to talk about deep spirituality
with a total stranger.

At the airport, we bid each other blessed journeys.
I was very early. I was through the gate
in a matter of minutes - no line-up, no queue at all!
They had written at least 3 hours early
on the e-ticket - I was four-and-a-half!
I didn't hurry, but eventually found a corner
to watch the gate and see the plane arrive and dock.

It seemed like an eternity as I sat there.
After a long while, others slowly joined me.
I hadn't looked at the time  but it seemed late.
Looking round I saw I was surrounded by passengers
waiting in the waiting space, but no plane came.

Airport trucks arrived, the baggage came,
waiting for the other passengers to arrive
but no plane.

And we are still here, still waiting...


This journey is obviously very very important.
I wonder why!

John

No comments:

Post a Comment